I've been Smitten


Monday, June 23, 2008

What a Weekend...

It's nine o'clock on Sunday night. This is the first time I've sat down all weekend and my husband is making me watch Howard Stern: Private Parts. Just my idea of winding down. Our weekend started with Margarita's and ended with Pinot Grigio. Is that any indication of how it went? The margaritas were good though. We had 3 people over on Friday night. Now my husband has been toying with the idea of a 4th of July party. He knows it is my favorite holiday. And we usually host a bumpin' bash. But after waking on Saturday to empty beer cans and a sour mix sticky counter, I asked if we could skip this year. I'm just not ready. Next year I promise though. 365+ days to Kegs and Fireworks at Elway's.

Saturday was spent running everywhere. I visited with my sister, the new bride. Went to a thirtyith birthday party. Shout Out to Kelly D. You will only become wiser as the years pass. And went food shopping. My thing this week is...making enough food on the weekend to freeze for the upcoming week. So as to not have to cook. On Saturday night the little flower and I made twelve mini-meatloaves. Six salsa and six BBQ. I hope this works out. We put the kids to bed and we were in bed before it was even dark out. And very happily, slept the entire night. Which means what? Yep you guessed right...C-man slept through the night. From 8:30pm to 5:30 am. I hope it is not a fluke.

Sunday morning was spent making a pie, making lasagna, and making mushroom and spinach manicotti. We cleaned up, my husband went golfing and we went swimming. Then we met the rest of the golfers and their families for a cookout.
Needless to say I'm exhausted.

My mom is coming over to watch my C-man tomorrow and she is cooking dinner. Yeah!!

No comments: