I've been Smitten


Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I was running...

When do you qualify as a runner?  Is it when you run on occasion to lose the extra beer pounds gained over the weekend?   Is it when you, on a consistent basis, run on the treadmill at the gym?  Or is it when you run your ass off for 4.44 miles, cry at the end of your accomplishment and sign up for your first marathon all within 2 hours of each other?
Tonight because of the said events I celebrate in my mind the day I became a runner.  I never used to like running. I especially did not want to do it for fun. But now I'm committed and signed up for the Atlantic City Marathon on October 17, 2010. Get this literally not even 30 minutes after I pressed the bubble confirming my spot in the race, my bro-in-law called and wanted Hub and I to join him and my sis in law in a race in February.  Crazy right?

Tonight I bask in my own sense that I am a runner!  Anyone want to join me?

No comments: