I've been Smitten


Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Frustration Level at All Time High


Tonight was LF's second swim lesson. Last week went flawlessly, until the last five minutes. I turned to another mom and stated,"Oh well it was worth a try, she'll never come back now." I was right.



This is how it works. We line up at the pool entrance, us and three other children. Parents are not allowed in the pool area during the lesson time, 30 minutes. Tonight, LF got changed into her bathing suit and threw a fit as soon as we hit the pool floor. So the instuctor tells me to grab a chair and sit by the side with LF and watch. So here I am so flippin aggravated already that LF is acting, well like a three year old, and now I am on display sitting in the middle of the pool area with my scrubs on and my kid crying her eyes out next to me. All the other parents watching and probably saying to themselves 'Thank goodness that's not my kid'.



And to top it off one of the mother's actually said this to me later, "I don't even know what to say to you." Uh, how about, "I feel for you", or "Better luck next week" or even "Man, she has a set of lungs on her, huh." Anything would have been better than, "I don't even know what to say to you."



Needless to say I cried to my mom and my dad, I had a bowl of cereal and a glass of wine for dinner, and I can't get myself out of this funk no matter how many times LF asks "Mom are you happy?" I want to scream in her face "NO, I'M NOT HAPPY." Instead I smirk and say, "Yes, I am happy." At least she is not making me watch the Wonder Pets.

No comments: