I've been Smitten


Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Hobbiest wronged...

I have a couple little hobbies. One is backyard birdwatching. I have a couple bird feeders and some birdhouses. My feeders attract all sorts of little flyer's...blue jays, cardinals, starlings and of course, junta's (right mom?) Well just now I witnessed a hawk tearing apart one of my little moochers. I never thought in a million years I would be providing lunch for the carnivores of the bird species. It was an awesome sight although I do have a tinge of regret. As if I am making the circle of life that much easier for the hunter. I hope this does not ever happen again.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I wished i could have seen that!! Nature at its finest. Circle of life!!

Meg (MU) said...

I wish I could have seen that too...hawks are the only birds that should be around....