I've been Smitten


Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A First...



Okay, so today was the first of I'm sure very many moments of ignorance to come.

After watching the second episode of Dora this afternoon, I had had enough TV. I decided to put on a CD that LF and I listen to every Tuesday and Thursday while C-man is sleeping and we are having craft time. The CD is a copulation of various, not cheesy, children's songs. Shout out to my sister in law in Arizona...I love this CD.

Anyway it has one of my favorite songs on it Rainbow Connection. I love playing this song on the piano. And now that I am trying to decide which song to learn on my new guitar I wanted to really listen because it is The Dixie Chicks version. (Sorry Dad. I know you hate them but they play this song so beautifully.) Also, it is about visions and dreams and always puts me in a good mood.


Anyway I'm off the subject. So I find the song and crank it up and then it happened. This is how it went:

Me: This is Mommy's favorite song in the whole world.

LF: Where's my cellphone?

Me: Babe, sit on my lap with Charlie and listen to this song with me.

LF: Oh there it is.


And she proceded to pick up her fake cell phone, dial it, turn her back to me, put her other finger in her ear, which was I can only assume to drown out the background noise, and have a pretend conversation.

I swayed to the music holding C-man. And with a tear in my eye envisioned my 3 year old as a teenager. Ignoring me.

After the song was over and she was finished conversing. I picked her up like a baby, swayed and snuggled her.

Oh, and I'm hiding all the fake cell phones.

No comments: