I've been Smitten


Thursday, September 11, 2008





I'll never forget where I was on September 11,2001. I thought that everyone was making a big deal over nothing. I did not understand the severity. Then as the day went on it became more clear. Our home was under attack.

That night my mother and I had theatre tickets. Of course we thought the play would be cancelled. It wasn't in fact because the show was about freedom. It couldn't have been more significant. Usually we would go in early and grab a bite to eat at a local pub and head to the show. Because there was nothing to celebrate and it was a very solemn day we just went to the theatre. As we drove into the city of Philadelphia, it was very eerie. No people walking, very few cars driving, not even buses.

Before the show began, the director came out and we all stood, about 50 people or so, and sung God Bless America. Very powerful. There wasn't a dry eye in the place.

On the day of rememberence, please take a moment and thank God for all you have. Kiss your kids, kiss your wife/husband.

No comments: