I've been Smitten


Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Storm..

I've been meaning to post about the storm we had the other day. It was the first time that I actually tuned into the Emergency Channel that was broadcast while watching the golf tournament. We were on a tornado advisory. We had to pull the car into the garage to avoid hail damage. We actually debated waking the kids to go into the basement. I have never seen anything like it. The world turned an orange hue after the storm. At least Sewell, NJ did anyway. Very scary. I guess I'll blame Global Warming, huh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee... come move out to the Midwest... We get one of those a week...

nikki said...

It was really crazy! We tuned to the emergency station, too. Brien and I had the basement prepared in case the tornado came.

The crazy thing was, it was a "warning", not a "watch". Basically, it's coming, here's your warning.

I was sure we were getting the tornado when I saw the sky turn that eerie orange color, but thankfully it never happened.