I've been Smitten


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday...

Mardi Gras is French for "Fat Tuesday" referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season.
In my twenty's, to me Fat Tuesday was a great and wonderful party day. I have many drunken memories of leaving work early and standing in line to enter the already crowded Fat Tuesday's on South Street in Philly. We would dance on stage with the band and get booted off for not showing our boobies when prompted by the famous chant.
I also remember it being warm...not snowing as it is today.
So today I create a new tradition with my children.  Instead of drinking we are crafting.  We'll make our own Mardi Gras masks and beads and throw them at Hub when he enters the door.
I will however not be shouted at to take off my top. I may have a celebratory daiquiri when Hub gets home though.

No comments: