I've been Smitten


Thursday, December 10, 2009

On Powdering my nose...

Last night I went to a local bar to see a grade school friend perform his "man and a guitar" act. Now as a girl in my 20's, partying, I did not mind powdering my nose with my girlfriends. Usually it involved a stalled bathroom in which we could converse through the actual act and meet again to wash our hands and re-apply lip gloss.
Having said that, the only chance I do get to enjoy the bar scene is at the local bars rather than the swanky places in the city I used to attend. So last night's washroom adventure included this:
  • One door with a deadbolt and a lock on the doorknob.
  • Two toilets, side by side.......no dividers. Not even a half wall.
  • A sign over each toilet. One expressing in a swirly script that Love is sweet. The other stating that Home is where the heart is.
  • On the adjoining wall was a condom machine with strict instructions that each condom was 75 cents. It also advised you that you only could use quarters. One slot accepted two quarters and the other would welcome the final quarter.

Now the condom machine was not what bothered me. It was the fact that because I am 30 something my bottom is not at the youthful perkiness it once was. Thirty plus year friendship or not, I don't know that I am prepared to potty directly next to my girl. Literally, we could have peed holding hands. Oh and this was a designated girls potty room.

Am I a prude????

No comments: