I've been Smitten


Monday, June 8, 2009

A little quickie...

A funny little thing was said over the weekend and it got me to thinking. How did my daughter grow up right in front of my eyes and I missed it? One day I'm changing her diapers and the next we are engaged in a conversation about the second names of all her family members.
We were invited to join my dad at the park on Sunday morning for a quick little stroll. As I pulled next to him LF shouts, "Hey look mom, it's your dad!!" It is quite amazing to me that she gets the connection. Even though when LF called my dad by his given name Jerry, it was not so amusing. She does call Hub and I by our names, but not to our faces. She calls for Hub like this...Miiiiiiiiiikkkkke. And she say things like "Where's Amanda?"
It does make me giggle though, so I think I'll let her keep doing it.

No comments: