I've been Smitten


Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Poison Ivy Story...

I know, I can't believe I did not tell you earlier. This has been an ongoing discussion in my house now for about 3 weeks. Hub keeps getting poison ivy because he is scoping out the deer population around his office. i.e. He thinks he is going to hunt and kill a deer. Better yet he thinks he is going to kill one with and Bow and Arrow. Better still he thinks that I am going to prepare and eat deer.

I know it's called Venison. But it's a deer. The thought of this makes me sick. The thought of him missing and injuring a deer, makes me sicker.

I have even taught LF to say "Please daddy, don't kill a baby deer." Just to pull on the old heartstrings a little. No luck.

He says this will save on our grocery bill. All I keep hearing is..."I have to buy warm boots, I need an insulated camouflage jacket, I need to go to the range and practice...ka-ching, ka-ching" I could buy a year's supply of chicken for all the money I am spending to eventually save at the supermarket.

Any thoughts? Oh and he doesn't call it killing, he says he is thinning the heard and he is harvesting dinner. When do I toss my cookies? Do I wait till he tells me he has indeed harvested a deer, or do I do it when he comes home with deer ribs and steak?

Oh another thing Hub says is that next Christmas instead of our usuall Prime Rib dinner, we are making Turduckin. For those who do not know what Turduckin is...it is when you raise and plump up a chicken, duck and a turkey. Then you "harvest" them, de-bone them and stick the chicken inside the duck and the duck inside the turkey. Cook it up and slice it down. Turduckin.

So my question to you is this...Who's house am I invited to for Christmas dinner next year?

2 comments:

This Magic Moment said...

Is all this talk stemming from the betrayal of those moocher birds he raised from hatchlings then they UP and left him?????

Meg (MU) said...

Who is your husband? Do I know this guy?