I've been Smitten


Monday, June 9, 2008

Single Parenthood

As some of you know, I was a single parent this week. My husband decided that he was going on a golf trip to Myrtle Beach with 20+ of his golf buddies. I was okay with this until the night before the trip. I guess it hit me that I was going to be down a man with a neanderthal 2 year old and a crying little infant 2 month old. Well it taught me an important lesson: appreciate family and appreciate the single parent. I honestly do not know how single parents make it through these times without help. My parents came over each night to assist with the hardest part...bathing and the nightly rounds. I even got to watch a movie. I haven't been able to do that in 2 months.

As for my sanity, I did lose it a little. I did not let this on to my husband though. I didn't think it was fair to complain when there was nothing he could do to help me. Instead I blogged and emailed him everytime the baby was crying. So after his fun is dun and he is back to work, he'll find out just how hard it was to be home with our kids by myself for four whole days. He'll find out by the million emails saying "This Sucks" and "You owe me".

So to all you single parents out there and those who were temporarily single this dreaded Myrtle Beach weekend: Props to you/us.

My motto this weekend...This too shall pass.

No comments: