I've been Smitten


Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sad, Sad, Sad...


Recently 3 eighth graders in Minnesota were suspended for not standing during the Pledge of Allegiance. DISGRACE!! Now although I most certainly had my bratty teenage mouthy moments, I don't think I would have been able to make that kind of political statement at that age. I certainly was not defying any school policies for political gains. Do they know why they did what they did? Did they think they were being cool? I think that it is very sad that our soldiers are giving up their freedom so these little brats can pretend to have an opinion. Bad Parenting!! At that age kids are still sponges. They do what they hear at home. They do not know enough about life to be taking that kind of stand. Can't kids just be kids. I am very proud that my 2yr old daughter says The Pledge everyday in her little school. We all grew up saying it and they should learn to respect their country and the men and women who have fought for it.


God Bless Our Country!!
God Bless Our Troops!!

No comments: