I've been Smitten


Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Do Believe In Fate


Today is our four year wedding anniversary. Last week I posted why my husband is a great father. I thought it only appropriate that this week I post why my husband is a great husband.

1. He always kisses me good morning and good night. Good kisses too!

2. He does the dishes...every night.

3. He calms me.

4. He loves to do home improvements just as much as I love dishing out the requests. At least I think he does.

5. He tiled our backsplash on the diagonal and used a cake decorating bag to fill in the grout lines. He pleaded and begged not to do it this way but in the end he did it anyway. I promised to never ask for him to tile diagonally again.

6. He is the perfect father to my children.


My husband and I met while bartending at the Ground Round. He wrote his phone number on a receipt and gave it to me. He did have a girlfriend, but we dated anyway. He broke up with her while we were dating. Things didn't work out for us at the time and he moved to Florida to be closer to his parents. Then he came back for a friend's wedding (props to Kevin and Vida). I happen to be there as a date to someone in the wedding. (man, thank heaven that didn't work out) We danced all night and had a great time together. He moved back home to be with me a couple months later. Looking back, I know now that I loved him the first time we dated. It just was not the right time for us then. And fate was working all along to bring us together as soulmates.



"Marriage is not only the beginning of a relationship but also the end of a life long search for the other half of your soul."

3 comments:

nikki said...

congrats! you guys have a beautiful family!!!

Jennie Sloan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie Sloan said...

Happy Anniversary Mike and Amanda! You guys are great.

(and sorry I just deleted the one before it because I can't type, haha)