I've been Smitten


Friday, May 2, 2008

Day One: A Dog Day Morning


Daughter is off to school. Son is sleeping (quietly for once). Dog is not begging to go out or come in. I was given two instructions this morning. Feed the dog and give her a thyroid pill. I already forgot. I am actually against this whole thyroid theory anyway. A little background: The dog is a 7 yr old Golden weighing in at a hefty 130 lbs. My husband is determined to get her to lose weight. I say she is big boned. I mostly say this because although she was at once my absolute main priority, we actually gave her a first birthday party, she has now fallen to last on the totem pole. I do not have the time to worry about giving her a cup and a quarter of food and not a cup and a half. The vet called yesterday with her bloodwork levels. The blood had to be sent to the University of Michigan and took two weeks for results. The vet said although she is in the normal range for her levels we are going to increase the amount of meds she gets. So throw out any pills and pick up new ones ASAP. YEAH RIGHT!!!! I'll get right on it.

No comments: